What's new in PrEditor 2.0
Version 2.0 was released on 3 August 2003 and is an almost complete re-write of the PrEditor 1.x code. The code is faster and cleaner has a number of new features. This page describes the new features, changes to existing features, and bug fixes compared to versions 1.x.
- Multiple project support
- Projects can now have sub-projects in an unlimited hierarchy and can
now have 'configurations' that can be incorporated into makefiles.
Environment variables can be specified which are then passed to the
shell that executes project commands. This means that you can
specify INCLUDE directores etc. much more easily.
- Line wrap mode added
- Long lines in text files can now be displayed as wrapped.
- Insert / overwrite cursor
- The shape of the cursor changes depending whether you are in
insert mode or insert mode.
- Directory history
- In the File Open / Save as dialog there is an additional 'history'
drop-down that quickly gets you to any one of your last 16
- Language Sensitive menu
- A programming language specific menu is now displayed, which can
contain commands only for that programming language.
- Updated help
- The PrEditor help file was overhauled and re-written in a more
organised and consistent manner. There is a lot more documentation
- Skins support
- PrEditor allows you to 'skin' it to give it a different look-and-
feel depending on your mood!
- Found text highlighting
- Found text is hightlighted on the display now.
- Crash reporting
- No software is perfect - not even PrEditor! If PrEditor crashes, then it will print out information that you can then send to Thistle Software's support. This will help us to identify what the problem was and fix it.
- Macro support
- Macro recording is now done by recording the underlying command,
rather than the keystroke that invokes it.
- Search & Release enhancements
- Find combo box now on the Edit toolbar.
- Too many to list.